试题详情
[材料题] (1)Why is it that the more connected we get, the more disconnected I feel? Every advance in communications technology is a step back from the closeness of human interaction. With email and instant messaging over the Internet, we can now communicate without seeing or talking to one another. With voice mail, you can conduct entire conversations without ever reaching anyone. If my mom has a question, I just leave the answer on her machine. (2)As almost every imaginable contact between human beings becomes automatic by machine, the alienation quotient goes up. You can't even call a person to get the phone number of another person anywhere. Phone assistance is almost always fully automatic by machine. Pumping gas at the station? Why say good morning to the worker when you can use your credit card at the pump and save yourself the bother of human contact? Placing money at the bank? Why talk to a clerk who might live in the neighborhood when you can just put your credit card into the ATM? (3)Pretty soon you won&
单项选择题1.The writer's attitude toward advances in communications technology may be described as _________

A、unconcerned

B、critical

C、positive

D、uninterested

• B
  • 关注下方微信公众号,在线模考后查看

单项选择题2.ATMs in banks have changed life by _____

A、making it more difficult to want human contact

B、making it faster to receive money from banks

C、making it easier to obtain bank credit cards

D、making it unnecessary to talk with bank clerks

• D
  • 关注下方微信公众号,在线模考后查看

单项选择题3.Judging from the context, the word "alienation" (Line 2, Paragraph 2) means ________

A、relationship

B、closeness

C、strangeness

D、stress

• C
  • 关注下方微信公众号,在线模考后查看

单项选择题4.If his mom has a question, he will _______

A、find new ways to reach her

B、send her an email message

C、try to get her a voice machine

D、answer through voice mail

• D